Oxford provides excellent opportunities for businesses to grow and flourish.
Our climate, abundance of available
resources, attractive real estate pricing and relatively low taxes
make relocating your business to the area a smart move. We are
centrally located within Chenango County and have an excellent
highway system connecting us to the rest of the county and state.
Ask us about how we can help you make the best business decision you can for your company’s success.
Who can help a new business coming to Oxford?
- Commerce Chenango, 19 Eaton Avenue, Norwich,
Tel: (607)334-1400 http://www.chenangony.org/ Open: Mon.-Fri. 8:00am -5:00pm.
E-mail: email@example.com. Commerce Chenango consists of large and small businesses working together for the development of our area while striving to control expenses and plan for future growth. Commerce Chenango implements programs (consultations) to improve business climate and quality of life in our community.
Other website resources -helping small businesses in NYS grow
- http://www.nyssbdc.org/ : New York Small Business Development Center - they deliver high quality business consulting and training to New Yorkers who want to start a business or improve the performance of an existing business.
- http:// www.sba.gov
- National Association of Women Business Owners https://www.nawbo.org/
- (re: labor laws) http://www.dol.gov/laws ,
- Empire State Development's Division for Small Business http://esd.ny.gov/smallbusiness.html
It is established in New York State Economic Development Law to represent the interests of small businesses and to support the development and expansion of small businesses with under 100 employees. Read here about "Start Up NY" too. Cutting taxes, creating jobs, and growing the economy.
To report business problems:
The Better Business Bureau for Upstate NY- http://www.upstateny.bbb.org/
To contact the Consumer Frauds Division of the NYS Attorney General's office, General Helpline: 1-800-771-7755 (for calls made within New York State. On the web: http://www.ag.ny.gov/ By mail: Office of the Attorney General, The Capitol, Albany, NY 12224-0341
NYS Department of Labor-
The New York State Department of Labor is New York State’s primary advocate for job creation and economic growth through workforce development. http://www.labor.ny.gov/home/
- Promote Oxford Now! (PON)
- PON Membership list
- OIDC (Oxford Industrial Development Corp.) http://www.oxfordidc.com
The OIDC is a non-profit organization that helps to promote industrial, manufacturing, and commercial activity in the greater Oxford area. Meetings are held at 10 AM on the 2nd Thurs. of Feb., May, Aug. and Nov. in the Village Hall, and are open to the public.
Local newspapers and publications
- The Evening Sun, the official newspaper for Oxford, PO Box 151, Norwich, NY 13815. Main Office: (607) 334-3276, or visit http://www.evesun.com/
- The Pennysaver, http://www.pennysaveronline.com/ ;
- The Oxford Review-Times and The Tri-Town News are part of several newspapers owned by River Valley News Group. http://tritownnews.com/TriTown_News/Chenango_American_Welcome.html
P.O. Box 566, Greene, NY 13778 Call toll-free: 1-844-516-1218
- The Press & Sun Bulletin, 4421 Vestal Parkway East, Vestal, NY 13850, owned by Gannett Co.,Inc. Mailing: P.O. Box 1270, Vestal, NY 13902,(607) 798-1234 http://www.pressconnects.com;
- The Daily Star, 102 Chestnut Street, Oneonta, NY,
Phone #: (607) 432-1000 or visit: www.thedailystar.com